Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On solid ground

After a week of the sun, tides and weather determining activities I now feel like I'm back on dry land.

A bushfire in Killara, 31 degrees in Glebe and the new owners pottering around at 72 all conspire to make me feel back from the sea.

I got two loads of washing on the line but it's too hot to get them in yet. I heard back from the Powerhouse Museum about Ken's objects. The Social History curator may uplift them as a collection. This'll make a change from Kylie's hotpants and blockbustershows from American movies which seems to be the public face of what was a technology and industrial history museum.

This used to be called the Disneyfication of museums but is probably better known now as the Paris Hiltonisation. The superficial made flesh.

I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Paris surfs, the comments I make no allowance for, surfers come in all shapes and attitudes.
http://www.surf.co.nz/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=007561

Fresh Local said...

There used to be stories about lookalike surfers who had boards bolted to the racks on their woodies. But this might never have happened.

I don't know about Paris - everything I hear about her is so filtered that anything could be true.

She does stimulate strong responses.

Unknown said...

A girl has to make a living.